Friday, February 1, 2008

AdSense or NonSense

I noticed that most people have a whole bunch of ads that appear on their blog page at first I wondered if they really got someone to sponsor their web page but the realization came quickly when I looked at my own blog page and noticed that I can have ads displayed too.
Now, I'm facing this question of whether or not use AdSense in my blog page, as much as I'd like to get some free money I really think I shouldn't be using it on my blog page.
Now, why do I think I shouldn't use it on my blog page, well part of the reason is that I find them to be annoying and distracting. In some blogs these ads are all over the place that I feel like I literally have to scroll down several miles to read the blog and I certainly don't like doing it. The other perspective that I often think of is how as humans we have the ability to tune out certain things, like the ads in our email home page, tuning out noise, etc...so, eventually most people will tune out the parts of the blog page with these ads and what are the chances that they are going to click on these ads and generate revenue for you?

No comments: