Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who gave them jobs??

I always wonder how some people managed to get into hi-tech sector with their sub par knowledge. Even though I have nothing against them, I sometimes find it annoying when they ask me really stupid questions like why don't you use notepad instead of emacs? or ask me if I have a digital camera when I say I'm interested in photography!!! or asking how to switch on an mp3 player, or asking for an example for using every single Tcl command, or sometimes just by saying 'I just want a workaround' when they don't even know what the actual problem is!!! Sometimes not even knowing how to calculate log values even with a scientific calculator!!!

I agree I'm not the smartest person that ever lived but I can clearly see why I'm not dumb. One thing that I think of most of the times is how others deal with these people? Do they get as annoyed as I do? How do they react when asked lame questions? Do they laugh at the question and make the other person get the message that the question isn't worth replying at all? or do they just answer it one time and then just stay away from this person???

I do understand that not everyone knows everything but it's beyond me to see how they cannot understand the obvious!!! How could someone not be ashamed of being an illiterati? How can they not bring themselves to know things that they were already supposed to know but which they don't know yet??

But as much as I get annoyed, I really do admire their ability to actually get the job or survive in hi-tech sector only because they have to for a variety of reasons and not because they actually want to do this. IMO most people would be equally happy and far more satisfied doing some other not to tech job. But still it makes me wonder if they really like doing what they do?? Wouldn't you actually lose interest when you are made to work on something that you don't care about?????? I sure do wish I could be them for just a day and really see for myself as to what goes on in their minds!!!!

No comments: