Tuesday, February 12, 2008

All alone and by myself ...

Over the weekend my roomie had asked me to join her for going to this movie Cloverfield, I was having a horrible migraine and had taken a pain killer only then so, I told her that I'm not sure and asked her when she was planning to leave and she replied saying she wud be going to the 10pm show. I thought maybe I can go if my migraine gets any better but in the end I just chose not to go and went back to my room around 8:00 pm and started listening to some music just to distract myself.

At about 9:30pm I heard a loud door bang and I concluded that it was my roomie who was just leaving to go watch the movie. I was quite sedated because of the medicine but I still continued listening to music.

Then a little past 10:15 pm or so I heard a laugh from my roomie's room. I was quite terrified, to be sure that the laughter infact came from her room I immediately turned off the music and I was just still. And at this point I was just thinking of the spirits and what would I do if there was one in the other room?? I've seen people acting like they were possessed by God or ghosts and every time I witnessed one such lunatic act in the past I was never alone and I usually run away to some other room or I'll just distance myself as much as I could, so that I can just run away when the spirit comes chasing me!!

But this time I was all by myself not knowing what to do. So, I tried to stay as quiet as possible and listen if there was any noise coming from the other room. I heard the laugh again, I realised it sounded more like my roomie, so I was terrified even more. I was wondering who could possibly be there and laugh just like her?? In the minutes that followed I heard the laugh multiple times and felt that it would be impossible for anyone to just laugh like her that many times.

After a while I heard some noises from the other room and I finally mustered some courage and went out of my room and checked near the apartment door and looking at our shoes, I realized that after all my roomie might not have gone to watch the movie. That thought did comfort me a little bit but then I was still a little afraid to go to her room and check...so, I had a glass of water and went back to my room, since I was quite sedated I ended up sleeping through the night.

The next day I got to know that my roomie indeed had stayed at home the previous night. So, finally my fear was put to rest and we all went and watched Cloverfield that evening. Watching Cloverfield was quite an unforgettable experience...maybe I can write another blog about the aftermath of watching Cloverfield :P

No comments: