Friday, February 22, 2008

Being Wrong!!

Most of us make mistakes or have made mistakes and ended up learning from them. I know that some people feel so bad about being wrong and try to make amends or sometimes it's just the other way, wherein they try to justify what they did.

Personally, in my case when I do something that I shouldn't have done, I acknowledge I was wrong and kinda try not to do it a second time. I've tried to justify my deeds before, but as I grew older and mature I just realized that I wasn't getting anywhere with that attitude of mine. Besides I don't lose anything by accepting I was wrong, than walk around proudly with my foolish dogmas and expecting people to like me!!

But I do come across people that don't want to be wrong, being cautious is one thing but trying to cover up is a totally different thing. I came across someone that had the urge to prove me wrong and ended up leaving a comment on my page so I take the time to explain why I did what I did and I notice this person just deletes his/her comment leaving my comment appear out of context. I was quite surprised to actually see someone take things so seriously to a point where they delete the comment on someone else's page. I realize the comment didn't make much sense but taking it out once I provide an explanation is just silly or atleast I feel that way. This act just makes me wonder to what lengths this person would go to cover up something? What's the worst that could've happened if the comment had just stayed? Really, nothing would've happened. I don't think anybody will jump to a conclusion or judge you because you said something that didn't make sense or was just totally wrong in such trivial scenarios. If people ever did that I think they are really shallow!!!

As for me, I just left my comment to stay because I don't really care about the few that are going to pass judgments about me by just looking at this one comment.

No comments: